Saturday, February 4, 2012

Becoming...a new mom

Hubby helping with the first feeding.
Luckily he was already filthy from work!
A new mom you say? What? You have 5 kids, you are no new mom! Well... Yesterday we bought our first kid. He is 1 week old, and we have named him Kooper with a "k" lol
Not only did Kooper get a new home, he also had to take a bottle for the first time! Fun fun... Might I also add that it has been cold the last few days and started raining when we picked him up, so, guess where he stayed last night? How does a hard plastic dog house in my room with a child gate to keep him blocked in sound? I know, I've lost my mind, but my 2 legged kids love him, so he's a keeper! In addition to him and all the other animals we have, we also have some dogs.  One in particular is Izzie, she has decided that it is her job to be the mom.  She has not left Kooper's side, therefore if she climbs on the couch, he does too...I may officially live on a farm! 



So, since I am going to be acquiring a couple more in the next few weeks, AND since winter has yet to dump on us here, I am prepared!  Since I am officially a farm girl, I had to do what all farm girls do...shop! What did you think I was going to say?  Caring for these animals requires trips outside in the mud, and church shoes do not cut it!  I also firmly believe that every farm girl should have the perfect equipment to get the job done!
So, what do you think? Covered from head to toe, in farm stuff, I will at least have my dignity while looking sharp! lol

Lastly, I guess this is the long awaited, much anticipated post!  Even though my blog says I only have 2 followers, I guess I have a few more.  I have gotten several calls, emails and texts wanting to know why I haven't posted a new post. So, here it is, so sorry it took so long.  Hope you like it, I would hate to disappoint my fans!
Thanks for coming a long for the ride, enjoy the journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment