Saturday, January 28, 2012

Becoming..my OWN style...

This blogging is dangerous stuff.  When logging on they should have a disclaimer about the addiction!  Of course you know that by now right? One blog leads to another, and another, and... you get the picture.  In addition to seeing everyone's awesome crafty ideas, Better Homes and Gardens sends me emails all the time with very neat ideas. 
As you all know this year is about me becoming me, or who I've always wanted to be.  I've been really struggling with finding my own decorating style almost since I got married.  Over the last 3 years I've really realized what I truly liked and wanted.  We bought an old fixer upper house, and started the work on it.  Of course, it is still not complete, but little by little we do one room as we can. 
The below pictures are a before and after shots of my dining room. It has been so fulfilling to create something for myself.


The before picture was being stubborn, so all I can post is the after.  The only thing lacking in this room is a nice kitchen table.  I want something totally unique, and big enough for our gang! I have read about using old doors, wish I could find something like that!

I thought I would share a few pictures of some flea market redos that I would love!  I am wanting a few unique pieces for my house, and instead of buying something new and paying top dollar, I really want to find something old a reuse it for a new purpose!
I was discussing with a friend earlier today what my style is, not what i've decorated with in the past, but the style I trully feel like is me.  The only fitting term I can find is "Hodge Podge" but, eclectic sounds better, or fancier!  A little vintage, a little farmhouse, a little modern, and a little elegant all mixed into one!
Enjoy the pictures, and enjoy the journey!


My first DIY MUST HAVE!!!










My 2nd MUST HAVE!



Please forgive me for the horrendous spacing of the pictures, my computer was not cooperating tonight, so one day they will be perfect, along the journey!

1 comment:

  1. Based on your dream pics I would say you're style could be considered, "Shabby Chic".

    ReplyDelete