Friday, January 27, 2012

An Unexpected Friend...

Have you ever had "one of those days?"  Just in a funky mood, nothing wrong, just felt grumpy, blue, climb in bed discouraged kind of day?  Maybe I'm alone to say I have them occasionally, but I had one for a couple of hours this morning while everyone was at school. But, life goes on! I had to go make a Pre-K pick up, and upon arriving back at home, found a pretty pink box on my front porch.  Much to my excitement, it was my soap dispenser I had ordered from a fellow blogger tofuandcornbread.blogspot.com

I think I may need to back up, explain my title to you first.  My "unexpected friend" has never met me in person, and up until today has never even heard my voice.  It seemed to me from the very beginning our friendship didn't just "happen," It's been a God thing!

So, here I've set, feeling blue, when my package arrives.  I knew what it was when I saw the label, but I had no idea what the Lord had in store for me today!  Here I had been complaining to myself that I couldn't get the house cleaned, etc etc. and the Lord wanted me to hush and listen!  I opened the box only to see first a cookbook, but not any cookbook, one that had story after story of survivors, true survivors of Hurricane Katrina.  Now, I sat at the table glued to this book, I didn't even take the time to look at anything else, or even recipes for that matter.  As I turned page after page, I read story after story of families losing it all, only for me to gripe because of my clutter.  They had no home, they had no where to go and all I could do was complain about "me."  In the quiet time when God wiped away my tears, I could almost hear him say, and yet you weren't thankful for it ALL.

My unexpected friend did not know I needed this today, as a matter of fact the package wasn't suppose to arrive for several more days.  The Lord knew what I needed, and that was all that mattered.

So today, I am becoming...thankful...content in whatever state that I am in.

Thank you "friend" for blessing me today!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jody I know you don't know me either but I am in this cookbook as well with my story. I was inspired by my friend "your unexpected friend" to visit your blog. She is an awesome friend who is very thoughtful as well as creative. I just read your blog posted on 6th and I will be praying for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, thank you so much for your kind words and prayers!

    ReplyDelete