Saturday, February 18, 2012

Finally, a Pretty Package Post...

Several weeks ago, my blogger friend over at Oh So Lovely hosted a pretty package swap.  All who were interested signed up and we were randomly paired with a friend.  We were to make or buy a gift(s) and send them by valentines day.  Needless to say, mine arrived in Cali a little late :(
I've been waiting to post my pictures of what I sent her until she got them, so now I finally can!

The first thing I made her were some stamped cards.  She loves birds, so I went and bought several bird stamps, and had a blast making very simple cards.  Can't wait to do some more, it was very addictive!


The second thing I made her was a bag I saw over on ashleighannphotography.com  She originally posted it under her DIY section, and I tweeked it just a little and stenciled in a bird instead of an initial.  It was super fun, just took me three bags to do it! My first bag was too small, bag #2 had an unfortunate mishap with the floor while the paint was still wet.  But finally, bag #3 was a huge success!
 And lastly, my pretty packages!  I had the worst time finding something creative to put her cards in.  What I really wanted to was wrap them up with tulle in a farmers market basket, but could not find any, so I improvised.  The square package was tied up with button garland in all her favorite colors.  Loved them!
I also added a pound of southern roasted pecan coffee, freshly ground from our local coffee spot!  To add to the local feel of things, I added 2 pounds of pecans harvested from my place last season!


Now, MY LOOT!  I almost cried when I opened my package, the cutest little hearts and deco were on both the wrapping, and the package it's self.  She included the ever necessary chocolate, and tons of adorable handmade hair stuff!  It was a hit!  I am leaving a link to her etsy shop, stop on by and buy her out, you will love them!  www.etsy.com/shop/inspiredbyfaith3
A big thank you to Ramona for my awesome stuff, and to Sherry for hosting! 



No comments:

Post a Comment