Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Becoming...a quitter?

A few posts back I talked about my decision and excitement in adding to our hobby farm and doing some farmers markets and such. Well we had our plans together, purchased our first goat, the plan was for 3, and then...the fire. And now...nothing. I can't seem to shake the discouragement of loosing so much "stuff" that was needed for the plan. Anyone who really knows me, knows I am NOT a quitter. I am as stubborn as they come...pig headed, hard headed, even bull headed. Maybe it's the winter blues, but I can't seem to shake the feeling that I just want to quit. Not the important things in life, but my hopes of building a little to our farm.

Maybe I'm just having a pity party, or just need a good smacking, and honestly I think that's another reason I haven't blogged much lately. I definitely know how blessed we were that it was not our home, and how petty this all sounds in comparison to friend's losses. I'm just putting it out there today...keeping it real...

2 comments:

  1. I think you just need to step away from thinking about it for a bit. Enjoy your goat and your family, then Come back to it when your mind is clear. At that point re-evaluate your reasons for starting the hobby farm and see if they still fit given your current situation.
    **Emotions are so fickle, that's why our decisions must be based on facts, not feelings.
    It is a fact that God works all things for the good. It is a fact that as Christians we walk by faith, not by what we see(or feel).
    Yes, I am preaching...to myself. I'm just allowing you to listen in. If it fits, wear it.
    Love Ya,
    ~Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And good preaching it is! Believe it or not just writting the post made me feel beter, then I got out of the house and enjoyed the sunshine! What a beautiful day here, in the 70's!!!! Yes, I agree, emotions are fickle, and I am a super emotional person, so i guess that makes me super fickle! lol!!! thanks for the encouragement, glad to have you, accidental friend!

      Delete