Thursday, March 1, 2012

Back in the saddle again...

So I am pretty sure that a few of my "fans" are a little young to understand my title. Seems as though it is a very old song and that one line has been playing over and over in my head this week. Since my last post, I decided to keep going with our plans, and rebuild slowly.

I have not posted lately because I have yet to learn how to post pictures from my new electronic device, and my son has adopted my laptop for school work, so I've been stuck not posting....
But, who says you HAVE to post pictures every time?

New at the farm, new babies!!!

Saturday we spent 4 hours meeting, picking out, and learning about the starting of "goating."
That's probably not a correct term, but sounded good to me!!!
I am now equiped with every magazine the owner had available and several pages of lists of what I just HAVE to have...lol
After the girls fell in love with all of them, we came home with 3...Abe, Bettie, and Angelina, who will be called Angie for short. These were their respected names, and the human kids liked them, so looks like they are keeping them.

So the process has begun, we have a new pen built for them, but wont have milk for about a year, give or take. I keep reminding them all that when the baby kids start coming they will not be staying, they will be sold. We will see who wins this!

Since spring is upon us, I'm dying to hatch some eggs out, there is nothing like new life all over the farm in the spring!

Keep checking back for pictures of our new arrivals!

We are going to the circus Saturday, so you can count on an emotional post about that one soon!

Thanks for joining me on my journey...

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're back! One day you'll get this blog/photo thing figured out! Believe me it took me forever to be satisfied with my blog. Love you and your real circus hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! I'm glad you're back on track too.
    B.T.W. I know it's a long way off, but I'm calling dibs on your first batch of goat's milk soap. LOL.

    ReplyDelete