Thursday, January 19, 2012

Becoming...a goat farmer? What???

Brace your self, this blog maybe a non stop ramble of all the thoughts that are randomly bouncing around in me wee little brain!
I've kinda been on this kick for a while, trying to do a few things more natural.  I am not an extremist, health food all natural one, but feel like I have tried to make a few steps in a better direction.  Just now am I asking, what have I been putting in and on my body all these years?  I'm afraid it all started when we bought our house and land.  The fresh air totally polluted my brain and made me start thinking, hey, I can make that! Hey, I can do that!  Since moving here, we have acquired a few chickens, a couple of horses, and an occasional stray something or other.
I have really wanted to get more serious into doing a little of raising and selling chickens, and what I would really enjoy is having a small booth at a farmer's market, with fresh eggs, goats milk, home made soaps, fresh veggie's, etc. 
The past few weeks I have really wanted to make soap with goat's milk, and have done a lot of research on the health benefits of not only using it in soap, but consuming it.  Now, I am not a milk fan, so the idea of drinking any milk makes me nausea, but I would love to try my hand at cheese.  What I want to say is hey, I CAN DO THIS!  Why can I not start a small business of fresh eggs, milk, etc and help with extra money?  I know I may just be dreaming online, but I'm afraid I'm about to jump in head first into this City Girl's dream of a family business.  So, here we go.  Tonight hubby and I are drawling up some business plans and brainstorming ideas to see why cant I???
So in honor of my inspiration, here's an idea of what's to come for City Girlz Farm and Ranch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment