Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Birthday wish...

One of my goals on my new blog was to post pictures that looked nice, with beautiful detail, and pro like editing...BUT, until I figure out all the ins and outs of that, you are stuck with what I know how to do. lol

 




These pictures were taken a few weeks ago of my mom on our family Christmas vacation to Disney World.  I could not let the day pass without posting something about this amazing woman.

Many times I get so caught up in the hustle and bustle of raising 5 kids to stop and actually tell her how I feel, and sometimes I'm even embarrassed to say all that I need to. (like forgive me for being so hateful, ungrateful, poopy head, etc)
Let me start by giving you a short version of her history.  She was the first girl born to a hard working blue collar oil field family. Raised by parents who grew up in the Depression and knew how to work.  They taught her to live for God, start what you finish and work hard!  Unfortunately, her story like many others does not have a fairy tale ending.  Mom met and married my father, and endured many hardships over the 27 years of marriage.  She was raised that marriage was a life long commitment and you don't just quit.  And she did not, standing by and supporting him no matter what.  After I'm sure was a lifetime of disappointments, dad left and her hand was forced to end the marriage.  Through it all, her faith in God has stood firm and actually her testimony is that of faithfullness.  Life still is not a bed of roses for her, but God has never left her or forsaken her!
I actually did not start this blog to tell you all that.  What I want you to know more than anything is that my mom is a one of a kind!  I spent my childhood days watching her sacrafice time and again for me, and still to this day will do without if she thinks that either myself or my family need something. 
It's funny how life comes full circle, here I am, old enough to remember when my mom was my age...wow, I remember that!
So today I say Happy Birthday mom!  My wish for you is for the happiness you deserve, that God continue to use you to touch lives.  That you continue to be an inspiration and encouragement to others, and that one day you find true happiness.  I love you with all my heart, thank you for molding me into the mom I am today.  Thank you for 30 something years of unending sacrafices and love shown to not only me, but all those paths you cross.  I love you mom, thanks for everything, and thanks for always being my best friend.

3 comments:

  1. I do not mean to intrude on such a personal moment, but I must say that your post is a beautiful tribute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all, I love the fact that others know how special she is to so many people! Thank you for taking time to read it!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog. I have placed my reply under your comment on my blog in case others want the info.

    ReplyDelete