Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Just...Becoming...

I know you are here for entertainment purposes only, but remember, I told you there is never a dull moment in my life, and you never know what you will read next! In saying that, I wanted to do a fun DIY project post that I'm about to start on, but struggled all day yesterday knowing I needed to post another serious one!  This is my disclaimer to the following statements: they are mine, and mine alone, they are about me and my thoughts and no one else.  I am not pointing fingers at anyone, nor am I referring to any one incident that has happened in my life by anyone, I am just reflecting, I am just...Becoming

I am really some what of an online news junkie, stupid as it sounds, like to read yahoo headlines and abc news.  I came across a story yesterday that I almost did not read, I actually scanned over it 2 or 3 time before I stopped and read it.  When I did, my attitude hit me upside the head with a ton of bricks, and of course it started me thinking, and I couldn't lose the thought, so here I am, blogging about it.  This may not help you at all, it may be the worst post you ever read, if so, it wasn't meant for you!

The story I read was about Felicity Aston, a 33 year old British woman who made history this week.  Nothing earth shattering, she did not find the cure for cancer...But, she did ski solo across the Antarctic.  59 days and 1,084 miles, ALONE!
I know what you're thinking, So what, big deal.  Which where my thoughts too.  Actually my thoughts were: "what? are you crazy?"  But the thought that got me to thinking, was what in the world would make you want to do something like that?  Forget the death defying cold, the 59 days alone in Antarctica...what ever for? 
I will tell you I was very critical of this lady, who has done something rather amazing.  No, she didn't solve world peace, but wow...
So all of that negative thinking got me started on some positive thoughts, more onto my theme of becoming!  I began thinking on how we I am so quick, or have been so quick to judge other people. Case in point: I met a new friend last week blogging and I have enjoyed visiting with her.  I will not name names, and I do not mention this to embarrass her, but her statement went right along with my thoughts yesterday.  We were talking and I asked her where she was from.  She told me the region she lives in, but very quickly let me know that basically they are judged by others actions in the city she is from.  "We" judge everyone by the life others in her town live.  WE I am quick to judge others by things they like to do because it's something that has never interested me...Am I making any sense?
Here is my whole point:  If you've never been interested in basket weaving, why is the person who enjoys it weird?  I guess what I'm trying to say is I've been guilty of having critical thinking of people who have different hobbies, live in different regions, and eat different food because it's foreign to me.  Let's not also forget something even more important, and that's people's personalities.  I am learning more and more that a person's personality is what makes them who they are.  I do not like to be the life of the party, but does it make the person that does less likable?  Am I too quick to judge them?  I know I am.  Instead of stopping and taking the time to get to know them, I instantly don't like them! 
I hope I haven't offended you today, just doing some deep thinking on my part, and wondering if others have done the same?  Take the time today to learn about someone, you might find you like them!
Thanks for reading along on my journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment